Sunday, March 24, 2013

13.3 The day Diva died

So last year this f'n wall ball wod came up and I was terrified ! All things I do well( except Muscle ups) but the damn volume.....UGH!!!

12 min amrap
150 wall balls
90 double unders
30 muscle ups

At this point last year it was  more about my squat depth . But what actually happened was I did the wall balls picked up the jump rope and collapsed. No legs at all !Couldn't even jump ! Crazy ! So this year my biggest fear happened again , I'm stronger better conditioned athlete and still once I got to 120 wall balls I was numb in the legs . Once I got to 150 . I could barely walk and again the legs did not work .13 double unders was all my legs could do . Once I heard time I just dropped on the floor and could not move for at least 20 min. Not really sure of the time because I was out of it .So all jokes aside at some point in that WOD I just died and had some weird out of body experience.

 My body kept going but I could not  hear or see anything except  the ball & the wall.
There is this really dark place you go to sometimes. When I used to box I went there a lot . It feels like life or death. Death is failure and life is survival and finishing the work to the best of your ability. Lady T told me that at some point I left my body.She said I looked like a punch drunk boxer that was just conditioned to move. Her re-enactment is quite funny , I might get her to do it on camera :) What sucks is twice now I have been defeated by the f'n wall balls and they didn't allow me to get through my double unders which are  normally cake .

How do we fix it !
I have to increase my lactic acid threshold.Which means I have to get used to more volume and be able to recover faster. There are 3 different types of muscle fibers...... Screw the technical shit!  My muscular endurance sucks and needs to improve if I want to become a better crossfitter.

 I honestly could not stand up  for 30 min and my friends had to pick me up off the floor( thanks J sax & lady T) was a little scary . I think everyone thought I was gonna die. Ok, not really but Doc tony definitely did:) LOL

I know my capabilities & how to create a plan and stick to it! Sometimes you hear a lot of people yelling and telling you to go ,but you gotta stick to the plan . Just like boxing ,you have to fight your fight. Thank you Abby, Knight and who ever else was around , honestly can't remember:) , for keeping me on point and helping me fight my fight !
 If I'm gonna get better at this shit I gotta get comfortable in that dark place. It is what it is ! 3.2.1 Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment